- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ cup fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 tbsp fresh turmeric, finely grated
- 2 cups red lentils
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tsp madras curry
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups water
Delicious served with rice, fresh coriander, and lime
- In a pot over medium heat, preheat the oil, then add mustard seeds and ground coriander. Cook until the mustard seed starts to pop. About 2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric and the ginger, and stir for a minute.
- Add the lentils and stir one minute.
- Incorporate the water, salt, curry and let it simmer for 7 minutes over low heat.
- Add the sweet potatoes and let simmer for 10 more minutes until de sweet potatoes are lightly cooked and the lentils have absorbed the water.